Friday, August 31, 2007

oh. my. goodness.

Have you ever seen an image, or collection of images (or I suppose, pair of shoes, or purse!) that just makes you stop, take a breath and say WOW.

This past week was the wedding of weddings in the photography world. I happened to stumble across some images from both of the ladies who shot the wedding of Gary Fong and to say the least, I was captivated. They are simply stunning, moving and inspiring! Almost makes me want to shoot weddings...almost.

But that's not where my heart lies. My passion is for the kiddos and their families. I love producing images that make you say "Oh! THAT is my baby! That is exactly how he is!" I love capturing your love, your joy, your happiness, your sparkle.

So my answer for those who ask me, "Why don't you shoot weddings? You could make so much money?" I have my answer, "because I love what I do".

And that's all that matters.

2 comments:

Toni said...

with that answer, you don't need any other reasons! There's no better feeling that being able to say, "I love what I do!"
Toni

Christie said...

thanks, i'm going to google gary fong's wedding so i can see too. i had no idea!